The FBI Moneypak ransomware, also known as the FBI virus called (Reveton) is a term for ransomware that cyber criminals use disguised as the FBI. The FBI virus utilizes Trojan horses (Trojan.Ransomlock.R) in order to lock computer systems with messages as (Your PC is blocked).
The FBI ransomware applies a variety of unethical tactics, including social engineering in attempt to persuade unsuspecting victims to pay an unnecessary fine by making fraudulent claims that the computer has been involved in illegal activity (cyber crime) (downloaded or distributed copyrighted material or viewed child pornography, etc.) and demands a penalty fine of $100, $200, $300, or more to be paid in order to unlock the computer system within the allotted time of 72 hours by use of Moneypak cards (Ultimate Game Card Virus, Ukash Virus).
The FBI Moneypak ransomware virus also states on the fake FBI screen that you (the computer owner) may see jail time if the fine is not paid in time.
FBI Online Agent has blocked your computer for security reason
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of unauthorized cyberactivity.
Described below are possible violates, you have made:
Article 274 – Copyright
A fine or imprisonment for the term of up to 4 years. (The use or sharing of copyrighted files – movies, software)
Article 183 – Pornography
A fine or imprisonment for the term of up to 2 years. (The use or distribution of pornographic files).
Article 184 – Pornography involving children (under 18 years)
Imprisonment for the term of up to 15 years. (The use of distribution of pornographic files)
FBI Moneypak – FBI Ransomware removal
Please download HitmanPro to your desktop.
Press this link for the complete “User Manual” for HitmanPro.Kickstart.
- Launch the program by double clicking on HitmanPro.exe. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
- Click on the “HitmanPro.Kickstart” button to create a bootable USB-stick with HitmanPro.Kickstart
- Now insert the USB flash drive that will be used to write the HitmanPro.Kickstart files to.
- As soon as one or more USB flash drives are detected, a selection screen will be presented.
- Now select the USB flash drive on which you want to place the HitmanPro.Kickstart files and press the button Install Kickstart.
- Important! Be aware that that all contents of the selected flash drive will be erased before the HitmanPro.Kickstart files are written.
- If you press the ‘Yes’ button now, the selected USB flash drive will be formatted and all necessary HitmanPro.Kickstart files will be retrieved from the HitmanPro servers and written to the flash drive
- Once the process is completed you can now remove the USB flash drive from the PC and use it to remove the malware from a ransomed PC.
- Now insert the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive into a USB port of the ransomed PC and start the PC.
- During the startup of the PC, enter the (BBS) Bios Boot Selector menu and select the USB flash drive that contains HitmanPro.Kickstart to boot from.
- If it’s not possible to enter the BBS go into the BIOS and set the USB option as your first boot-device by the boot-sequence.
- The default way to boot is option 1, which skips the master boot record of your hard drive. If you do not press any key, the process will continue after 10 seconds using the default boot selection.
- If you see a logon screen you can either select a user and logon, or if you wait approximately 15 seconds, HitmanPro will be started on your Windows logon screen.
- Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
- Check the box beside “No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer“.
- Click on the next button.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
- moneypak payment option