Search engine redirects caused by adware, spyware or other malware is a very common problem designed to redirect your searches to malicious websites. This malware is also known as browser hijack viruses or search engine redirect viruses. This virus is infecting thousands of new machines everyday and mostly It is very hard to remove.
These adware or malware change your computer settings in such a way that when type Google’s web address in address bar of your web browser, you are not actually taken to Google but to a malicious webpage which looks exactly as Google. When you make a search, you’ll see results exactly like Google, but when you click on any of those results, you’ll be taken to a website you’re not supposed to visit.
In other words, you’ll see legitimate websites in search results but clicking on those results will take you to dubious websites which are engaged in spreading more malware to your computer. You will be offered to download more dubious products and file sharing applications which will do more harm than good. Cyber criminals redirect Google search results for sole purpose of getting traffic easily. They know that everybody in the world uses Google and If they infect your computer with the redirect virus, they can drive lots of traffic their websites for free and earn a lots of money with this malware.
Search engine redirects [solution]
1. AdwCleaner Usage Instructions
Using AdwCleaner is very simple. Simply download the program and run it. You will then be presented with a screen that contains a Search and Delete button. The Search button will cause AdwCleaner to search your computer for unwanted programs and then display a log showing the various files, folders, and registry entries used by these programs.
To delete these unwanted programs simply click on the Delete button, which will cause AdwCleaner to reboot your computer and remove the files and registry entries associated with the various adware that you are removing. On reboot, AdwCleaner will display a log showing the files, folders, and registry entries that were removed.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete.
- Confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically.
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Usage Instructions
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
3. HitmanPro Usage Instructions
Please download HitmanPro to your desktop.
- Launch the program by double clicking on HitmanPro.exe. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
- Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
- Check the box beside “No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer“.
- Click on the next button.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
- download adwcleaner