Medfos is a member of the Win32/Medfos family and got your computer, after you have visited an infected website which exploited a vulnerability from a Java or Adobe software and Medfos installed a file called chromeupdate.crx.
As part of its self-defense mechanism,once installed Medfos disguises itself as a legitimate Google Chrome or Firefox extension with the name ChromeUpdateManager 1.0 or Translate This 2.0
Trojan:JS/Medfos.B sole purpose is to generate revenue for its authors via pay-per-click advertising links and redirect traffic to affiliate sites,so we recommend that you remove Trojan:JS/Medfos.B as soon as possible from your computer.
Trojan:JS/Medfos.B [removal guide]
1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Usage Instructions
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
2. HitmanPro Usage Instructions
Please download HitmanPro to your desktop.
- Launch the program by double clicking on HitmanPro.exe. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
- Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
- Check the box beside “No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer“.
- Click on the next button.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
- aartemis verwijderen
- artemis virus verwijderen
- artemis verwijderen
- trojaans paard artemis verwijderen
- reveton R!lnk